Choosing a Gear Set:
You’re first of many choices when placing the order for an Atlas Transfer case is the “Gear Set”. Atlas Gear sets are offered in a variety of low range options and two strength grades. The available ratios are as follows:
Atlas 2 speed Ratios
- 2.0:1 Low Range with a 1:1 High Range
- 3.0:1 Low Range with a 1:1 High Range
- 3.8:1 Low Range with a 1:1 High Range
- 4.3:1 Low Range with a 1:1 High Range
- 5.0:1 Low Range with a 1:1 High Range
All of the gear sets above except for the 4.3:1 and the 5.0:1 are available in two strength grades, “Original” & “Competition Ready”.
- Original: The tried and true Atlas gears that we have been producing for years. These gears will take plenty of punishment are perfect for everyday off road use and abuse.
- Competition Ready: These are for the hardcore off road enthusiast or competitor who wants and needs the very best, and tend to punish and push their equipment to the limits day in and day out.
1.Gear set Torque Capacity: 15%
2.Overall Gear set Life Expectancy: 300% (over Original Atlas Gear Set)
3.Overall Gear set efficiency: 2-5%
4.Cooler oil temperatures due to the increase in gear set efficiency
5.Reduction in gear noise: 3-5% (Shift Position: 4WD LOW. Input shaft speed: 4000RPM)
- The Atlas 4 speed gives you 3 low ranges & 1 high range - a few more choices when it comes to 4-wheeling. You can now have the ultra low gearing for rock crawling, a low range gear for trail use, and mid range for sand and mud. Whether you’re looking at the 2 speed Atlas or the 4 speed Atlas, your ratio options will be diverse.
Atlas 4 Speed Ratios:
1.0:1 / 2.00:1 / 2.72:1 / 5.44:1
1.0:1 / 2.72:1 / 3.00:1 / 8.16:1
1.0:1 / 2.72:1 / 3.80:1 / 10.34:1
1.0:1 / 2.72:1 / 4.30:1 / 11.70:1
- With any of the Atlas ratios equipped in your 4WD, you have the opportunity to select a sensible ring and pinion gear ratio for great street performance. Combined with a low-geared crawl ratio of your choice, your vehicle will have the ultimate combination. This allows you to compete with the most well-equipped vehicle, but then be able to cruise comfortably down paved roads. If you are serious about on and offroad performance and dependability, then demand one of the Advance Adapters Atlas transfer cases.